Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Mother's Day

TheChamCham and I have been away from home recently, so we were unable to spend Mother's Day with my mother, but we sent her two new Gardenia plants  (when she was a concert pianist, she always wore two in her hair when performing) to add to her collection and her favorite candy.

California Brittle from See's Candies.

My favorite film mothers include Mrs. Brown from NATIONAL VELVET (1945) played by the wonderful Anne Revere who won the Best Supporting Oscar for her performance and especially for this scene.


Mrs. Hansen from I REMEMBER MAMA (1948) played beautifully by Irene Dunne.





 "Marmee" from LITTLE WOMEN (1994) played by Susan Sarandon, encouraging her daughter Jo to go out into the world and live her dreams.



"Dearest" from LITTLE LORD FAUNTLEROY (1936) played by Dolores Costello Barrymore (Drew Barrymore's paternal Grandmother) willing to give up her son so that he can fulfill his destiny.



And Mrs. Jumbo from DUMBO (1941). I used to sing this song when I was a Nanny. It put my babies to sleep every time.

Do you have a favorite film mother ? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

👉If you cannot say something nice, then please do not say anything at all. Thank you. 😊💕😉

Featured Post

YOU FOUND US !!!

WELCOME former IMDb  message board compatriots and hopefully some new fans of  yours truly. We , being My Tess  ,or Tess d'Urbervill...