Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Chinese New Year - The Year of the Dog




My Mr. Cham and I both LOVE Chinese food! We usually go out for it or have it delivered, but for special occasions like Chinese New Year, I break out my Martin Yan cookbook.

I went all out this year. Wonton soup, egg rolls, orange chicken, fried rice, beef spare ribs, butterflies (oh my goodness, I love these! Too much. I only made six and I ate four of them), cherry cheesecake, and ginger tea. Of course, fortune cookies too, but I bought those and the cheesecake is a no-bake one made with yogurt instead of sour cream. I love Mary Berry but Mascarpone  and double cream are not on our diet.


This is a very sweet animated video from Panda Express telling the history of Chinese New Year.


For entertainment, we watched the charming 1961 musical FLOWER DRUM SONG,


Starring the beautiful NANCY KWAN,

 MIYOSHI UMEKI and JAMES SHIGETA




and JUANITA HALL and JACK SOO.

We also watched the Chinese New Year Parade from London, England and two episodes of SAGWA,
The CHINESE SIAMESE CAT.


We also love dogs so here are pictures of some of our favorite lovely doggies.
                                                                             
ASTA, from the 1930's Thin Man series of movies starring Myrna Loy and William Powell.

DAISY, from the Blondie and Dagwood movies starring Penny Singleton and Arthur Lake.


     WISHBONE, from the PBS series of the same name. Now, who does he remind me of.........?

               BRUISER, from the LEGALLY BLONDE movies with REESE WITHERSPOON.
                                                                                 
                            LASSIE with RODDY McDOWELL in LASSIE COME HOME.

HENRY, from WARTIME FARM.

A GORGEOUS SIBERIAN HUSKY
(Look at those eyes! I think I am in love.)

PRECIOUS!

AHOY, MATEY!

ADORABLE.
                                                                                                                  HAPPY NEW YEAR,

       
                                                                                                  I apologize for the lateness of this post.                                                                                                               Tess 🌷

No comments:

Post a Comment

👉If you cannot say something nice, then please do not say anything at all. Thank you. 😊💕😉

Featured Post

YOU FOUND US !!!

WELCOME former IMDb  message board compatriots and hopefully some new fans of  yours truly. We , being My Tess  ,or Tess d'Urbervill...